Source Code Screenshots & Videos Blog Posts
XeBoyAdvance is a port to the Microsoft Xbox 360 video game system of the open source project VirtualBoyAdvance which is a emulator for the Nintendo Gameboy Color and Advance systems.
It’s been a real pleasure to have worked with such a great code base and the people whom are still active within the group. Without them none of this would be possible.
The VisualBoyAdvance project was started by Forgotten. When this person left the development of the emulator, the project was handed over to a team named VBA Team, led by hacker kxu. Development on the original VisualBoyAdvance stopped in 2004 with versions 1.7.2 and 1.8.0 beta 3, and a number of forked versions were made by various developers in the years since then.
- Fixing big-endian issues in VisualBoyAdvance which is traditionally ran on little-endian systems.
- Developed DirectX 9 based backend renderer.
- Design and implemented an interactive and easy to use 10-foot UI interface.
- Implemented adjustable overscan feature to compensate for builtin television overscan.
- Optimized CPU interpreter to avoid host CPU cache misses.